- Vanity https://t.co/kCulof4RRC 6 hours ago via Instagram
- RT @INTYCEYOU: S/o 2 @marleehightower FOR SHOWIN LOVE!!! CHECK OUT HER NEW EPISODE MIGHT SEE TYCE IN THERE LOL ❤️🔫 https://t.co/ZP8kMSDuW7 1 day ago via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @Keyinmusic: GO!! Ya'll need to check out our girl @marleehightower and her show on @worldofdance NOW https://t.co/CiArCgCS3V http://t.c… 2 days ago via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @POTUS: was listening to outkast/liberation and the black keys/lonely boy this morning. https://t.co/1DP6CRdwlm 2 days ago via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @worldofdance: I added a video to a @YouTube playlist http://t.co/8DrGuhFPo1 Under the Influence w/ Marlee Hightower Episode Five 2 days ago via Twitter for iPhone
Marlee Hightower, age 14
From America's Got Talent, Season 5, Top 5, Marlee Hightower is the youngest member of the celebrated hip hop crew, Studio One Young Beast Society. At the tender age of 10, Marlee performed with Studio One, and the top 10 of America's Got Talent, on a 26 city national tour. At age 11, Marlee began making solo appearances, and teaching workshops to adult professionals across the country.
Fluent in all styles of hip hop, including popping, locking, waacking, and house, Marlee has been fortunate to train with some of the best, and most sought-after choreographers in the nation, including Napoleon & Tabitha Dumo ( Nappytabs) Kevin Maher, Luther Brown, Rhapsody, Lyle Beniga, Parris Goebel, Julie Johnson, Kolanie Marks, Chonique Sneed, Lisette Bustamante, Laura Edwards, Les Twins, Bryan Tanaka, Nick DeMoura, JaQuel Night, Chuck Maldonado, Tyse Diorio, Dave Scott, Laurieann Gibson, and Cris Judd, to name just a few.
Marlee has been awarded several scholarships, from Monsters of Hip Hop, as well as Vibe, Broadway Dance Center in NY, Young Lions Workshops, and The Pulse. Mos Wanted Crew's Ian Eastwood, defined Marlee's talent in one word..."Naaaaassty", and warned Monsters of Hip Hop attendees, "Watch out for her!" He affectionately refers to her as the "class killer". Her ability to pick-up choreography quickly, and execute it with such maturity of style and accuracy, is one of her strongest suits. In addition, Marlee's musicality is second to none. Hearing the beat behind the beat, and interpreting the lyrics and music into her own choreography, has been one of the most exciting and impressive things to watch, given her age. At 13, Marlee is the youngest known choreographer in hip hop today.
In 2013, World of Dance nominated Marlee for, "Teen Choreographer of the Year", alongside Chachi Gonzales (IaMmE, ABDC 6) and Kayelynn Harris (8 Flavahz, ABDC 7). 2013 also marked the year her youtube channel was folded into the World of Dance Network. She recently celebrated her 1st million views on a single youtube video, for "Do It Like A Dude".
"Artists like Marlee don't come along very often! She is far beyond her age in terms of ability, and the truth is, she can out-dance most adults! I can't wait for the opportunity to work with this young BEAST again!" - Brian Friedman, The Pulse creative director, artistic director for America's Got Talent and X-Factor
Most recently, Marlee boasts being a proud member of Bloc Talent Agency, and looks forward to what the future holds!